The City of Roeland Park is the only City in the metro providing curbside collection of fall leaves by simply raking them to the curb. Since 2018, the City has used a new vacuum method to collect leaves. Instead of raking your leaves into the street, you will now place them behind the back of the curb at your house for collection.
The 2021-2022 Fall Leaf Pick-Up Program Schedule has been announced. Please view the map to find your home and designated pick-up days.
Public Works staff have put together helpful instructions and a video, including a brochure to help you get the most out of the leaf pickup program.
LEAF VACUUM COLLECTION HOW-TO
- Rake leaves into long piles behind the curb. Do not rake leaves into the street. Any leaves in the street will not be collected and must be removed by the resident.
- Leaves should be placed within eight feet of the back of the curb.
- Place leaves behind the curb one day prior to your scheduled collection.
- Please note: When sidewalks abut the curb, please leave at least three feet of passable sidewalk space between the curb and leaf piles for pedestrian use.
- Keep leaf piles free of limbs and litter. Our ability to use the vacuum and compost leaves is dependent on a leaf only collection stream.
- Keep leaves away from obstacles like your collection carts, mailboxes, cars and utility poles.