Fall Leaf Pickup Program
The City of Roeland Park is the only City in the metro providing city-provided curbside collection of fall leaves to residents. Since 2018, the City has used a vacuum method to collect leaves. Instead of raking your leaves into the street, you will now place them behind the back of the curb at your house for collection. Please review our leaf collection tips to your leaves are collected. Below is a map showing the Fall 2023 schedule for leaf collection. Each residence will have three leaf collection cycles.
Please note: This schedule is expected to be a guide. The schedule may be delayed due to mechanical issues, weather, etc. Please follow us on the City's Facebook, Nextdoor and Twitter pages for regular updates on the status of the leaf pick up.
Click on the map below for a larger image of the pick up schedule.
Leaf Vacuum Collection: How-To
- Rake leaves into long piles behind the curb. Do not rake leaves into the street. Any leaves in the street will not be collected and must be removed by the resident.
- Leaves should be placed within eight feet of the back of the curb.
- Place leaves behind the curb the day before your scheduled pick up date.
- Please note: When sidewalks abut the curb, please leave at least three feet of passable sidewalk space between the curb and leaf piles for pedestrian use.
- Keep leaf piles free of limbs and litter. Our ability to use the vacuum and compost leaves is dependent on a leaf only collection stream.
- Keep leaves away from obstacles like your collection carts, mailboxes, cars and utility poles.
- Do not park your vehicle in front of leaves during collection hours of Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Refer to the schedule above for collection days.
- For more details, please see the Leaf Pick Up Brochure.